07/05 Started using the ERP (enterprise resources planning) system VPM (Virtual Production Management)
We can say that July 2005 was a turning point in the internal organization of our business activities.
The ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning) system of VPM (Virtual Production Management) is the company's largest and most promising development project.
Thousands of work hours in a period of several years were spent on the development of the test and development version.
ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning) available in the market should cover general production needs, but they are actually accountancy software applications which are not adapted to suit the individual production companies' profiles but to production in general. Unlike such systems, this software application is completely adapted to specific needs of production companies that produce: parts, sub-assemblies, assemblies or complete units.
This software application offers highly advanced functions for the operative organization of production and supply, business activity monitoring and cost control.
Some of innovative characteristics are:
- Level of data input / communication between the user and software application that reaches workers in production
- Production monitoring from remote locations in real time
- Transparent storage register
- Disabling of suppy malversations
- Automatic flow of production without the presence of a production manager
- Automated supply
- Register of achieved prices and deadlines for a certain deal
- Automatic real business statistics
- Automatic creation of outgoing invioces and their records
Instalment of this highly advanced ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning) software application is crucial for the improvement of business efficiency/competitiveness as well as for the development of the application itself.
At this moment our company is one of few to use the advantages of the purpose-oriented ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning) software application and at the same the quality user feedback assists further development of VPM's first free market version.
This way we carry out tasks much more efficiently without major sacrifices and the whole company (not just the Development department) is intensively involved in our most promising development project that gives us a unique advantage over our competition.